Sunday, May 3, 2009

And May goes crazy

The month of May is always kinda crazy for me. A big part of that is simply trying to get school all wrapped up. Our kids graduate June 4th, so everything has to be done and taken care of before that. Which means a lot of work has to be done to get everything all finished and taken care of.

This weekend we had a softball game to attend and had to go furniture shopping (no other time to do it) and then, since it's Ikea, assembly of said furniture. As a side note, the quality and style of Ikea furniture has much improved since I first purchased stuff for my college apartments many years ago. I really think the only difference in most of the Ikea stuff versus most of the stuff in a regular furniture store is the assembly issue.

Anyway. Next weekend is Mother's Day Weekend. The following weekend I have family from Tucson coming out for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. That's a whole weekend. And after that is Kubla Con.

In between all this, I run an afterschool program for students to make up missing credits. Normally cool. It's a few extra hundred dollars a month, which is always welcome. But my partner is out on bedrest and is due to give birth in a few weeks. And the counselors, the Grade Level Coordinators, are getting bossy with me, telling me how to run my program. The worst part is that they literally have no authority of any of the faculty, but they think they do. One of them in particular thinks she's Napoleon in Panties. She in particular needs to just leave and go be a principal somewhere else, because that's what she thinks she is anyway.

But I'm looking forward to Kubla Con. It should be a lot of fun this year. I've "met" so many more people "virtually" this past year between the Brujah and the Council lists that I think I really could spend this year with a mild to severe buzz the entire weekend. There's a week of school left, but the worst and hardest part will be done, so it will be a great weekend to just relax and have fun.

No comments: