Monday, June 25, 2007

Chris Benoit, Rest In Peace


I just spent the last few hours sitting on the couch with Amanda watching the Chris Benoit tribute show. My head hurts, my eyes are red and I'm confused as hell.

I tuned in thinking it would be the continuation of the horrible Vince McMahon fake death storyline. I change the channel to find that Chris Benoit is dead, along with his wife and young son. I was stunned.

While he was never one of my favorite characters, he was always someone I had immense respect for. He clearly was one of the most intense workers out there and clearly one of the most technically savvy. He may not have been good on the stick, but in the ring, he brought out the best in himself and whoever he was working with.

The worst part about watching those shows is watching these big tough guys, these guys that beat the hell out of each other for a living, these guys that play a$$holes and tough bastards, crying and unable to hold it together on camera.

Now I'm reading news that it may have been a double murder/suicide. I desperately hope this isn't true. I just cannot fathom it at all...

No comments: