Friday, April 18, 2008

A rough couple of weeks over


A few weeks back, someone that was very near and dear to friends of mine passed away, Amanda Combs. I barely knew her, met her at the last LA GenCon, she seemed cool enough. But she must have been special to see how her passing affected Jim and Eric H. I hope they managed to find some closure in her memorial services.

A week ago, four Walnut HS kids passed away and another is in the hospital. They were driving too fast, may not have been wearing seatbelts, and crashed going to a church youth group function. Two were current students (though one only technically, he was taking classes at Mt.SAC), two were graduates, and the survivor is a junior here. I knew him and the kid taking JC classes. I've been okay, but it's been kinda rough at school, especially my English 4 Sheltered class, since so many of those kids knew them.

But things should get better now.

No comments: