Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's a GIRL!!!

It's a baby girl on the way!

We just had the ultrasound this morning and it's pretty definitive that we have a little Lorelei...or Loralei (we haven't decided upon spelling just yet) coming in January.

Perhaps the most comforting thing was that everything appears totally normal. All 10 fingers and toes, the brain and spine are developing just fine, the heart is pumping away perfectly, the little kidney and bladder and functioning, the whole bit. Everything is just fine. I sighed a massive sigh of relief when we were told that.

I have to admit I was kinda hoping for a boy; I was using the male pronoun and was really looking forward to explaining the advantage of the designated hitter rule in the American League and how it's better for baseball. I suppose I still can, but now I'm gonna have to learn how to play Barby and pretty pretty princess too.

It's a girl!!!

No comments: