Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Comic Con Frustration

It's nearly time for the massive San Diego Comic Con again. I think I've gone 7 out of the last nine years. It's undergone a massive change just in that amount of time, and thats just the convention center, let alone how it's treated by outsiders.

I'm finally beginning to really look forward to it. But it sucks that the panel I most desperately want to see, the Paramount presentation, is on Thursday, at 2pm I think. Summer school ends Thursday. At 1pm. There is no physical way that I can get from Walnut to the San Diego Convention Center without violating the laws of the road (or physics perhaps). Not only will JJ Abrahms be there to talk about (almost certainly) Project Cloverfield and Star Trek, but Neil Gaiman will be there to talk about Beowulf. I freakin' teach Beowulf, I need to see this! And there will be a screening of Beowulf on Wednesday night! ARGH!!!

So I'm really frustrated. The stuff I most desperately want to see is simply impossible. I hope that the rest of the weekend will make up for the disappointment.

No comments: