Sunday, November 29, 2009

Behind the times...

So Halloween was great. Managed to finish things enough to put them in front of the father-in-law's house and they got some good compliments. Lorelei was incredibly cute as a pirate, she seemed to enjoy the whole thing. She was called the cutest one all night long. Her wagon was decked out in foamboard pirate ships and we had a Disney pirate CD playing, so she had theme music too. Amanda and I both dressed up too, so it looked like she had her own pirate crew.

Thanksgiving went well too. Went to the in-laws, but because of stupid family stuff and people having to work, it was actually quite small. Smoked up two turkeys and they came out awesome. Turkey, by itself, is pretty good. Not something I seek out, but not bad. Smoked turkey? Awesome. I have to move away from the bird so I don't continue to pick at the carcass.

And the other news? We're having another little girl. We found out Wednesday afternoon. I really wanted a little boy, and I can't help but feel kind of disappointed. And I feel bad about that. Because our little baby girl will be loved and wanted and taken care of just as much as Lorelei is.

Oh yeah, I also was elected to be Anarch Coordinator for OWBN in 2010. I've already started working on it and have a team together and the whole thing. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do this year to help build the genre.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the girl! That's cool news. I've had two little girls, and I do want a boy. But the girls are awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.